The Career Development Association of Alberta (CDAA) is a professional association of approximately 300 proud and dedicated members from all corners of Alberta, Northwest Territories, Yukon, other areas of Canada, the United States of America, and abroad.
CDAA members provide career and employment services to diverse clientele and work in a broad range of settings including:
- Municipal, Provincial, and Federal Government Departments
- Profit and Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Indigenous Organizations and Agencies
- Newcomer, Settlement, and Immigration Agencies
- Youth Organizations and Agencies
- Rehabilitation Organizations
- Post-Secondary Education Institutions and Private Training Providers
- Elementary, Junior, and Senior High Schools
- Human Resources Departments
- Insurance Companies
- Private Practices
Members of the CDAA may identify as Career Development Practitioners or any number of related job titles, they may provide career and employment services as part of their day to day work or as an additional function. Regardless of your connection to career development the CDAA is here to support you.
As a professional association the CDAA:
- Plans and hosts the Alberta Career Development Conference
- Coordinates regional and provincial professional development, learning, and networking opportunities
- Publishes Career Momentum, a quarterly newsletter for CDAA members and the CDAA Community Connector, a monthly newsletter for the career development community
- Maintains a membership with the Canadian Council for Career Development (3CD) to keep members connected to national and international information, resources, and initiatives
- Serves as a connector for the career development profession
- Provides input into professional standards, best practices, and resource development
- Participates in local, provincial, national, and international projects and initiatives
The CDAA welcomes all individuals working in career development or providing career development services; and students attending career development, counselling, human resources, coaching, or related fields of study.
Please contact Alice at admin@careerdevelopment or Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.
Current CDAA members; please log in to the members section for the latest edition of Career Momentum, resources, research, job postings and more.