The Career Development Association of Alberta (CDAA) is proud to host the seventh annual Alberta Career Development Conference (ACDC) on May 5 and 6, 2020 at The Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre in Calgary, Alberta.
Attendees will receive special conference pricing for accommodations.
ACDC 2020: Leading the Way will bring together 300 career development and related professionals for two full days of learning, laughing, and leading featuring:
- Keynote presentations from Dr. Nancy Arthur and Richard Bucher.
- A mobile app Program Guide
- Multiple streams of concurrent sessions
- Industry recognized exhibitors
- Expert panel presentations and consultation sessions
- Opportunities to connect and reflect
- ...and much more!
Conference attendees will have the opportunity to attend up to four 75 minute concurrent sessions (two each day of the conference) on topics related to:
- Career Counselling / Coaching Techniques
- Trends, Tools, and Technology
- Career Development Research and Theories
- Workforce Planning and Development
- Personal Development and Wellness
- Leadership, Supervision, and Mentorship
- Best Practices for Diverse Client Groups
Why is ACDC "THE" event to attend to connect with your profession and other professionals?
- It's a great way to network and to learn tons of practical information!
- It's affordable - great bang for your buck. Loads of opportunities to network, connect, and obtain up-to-date information in your field.
- ACDC is the premier professional development conference for Alberta practitioners. Its a very valuable source of the latest information in our field.
- It's well-run, has interesting speakers/topics, and offers a great chance to connect with colleagues.
- Motivational and inspirational.
- Great opportunity to learn and network, and the value-for-money is excellent.
- This conference provides a rich opportunity for connecting, critically reflecting, and staying current.
- ACDC is an awesome opportunity to learn more about career development.
- The sessions are great and the experience to network with like minded professionals is very valuable.
- It is an opportunity to meet the community of professionals working in the field of Career Development and also it is a way to be updated in the field.
- I tell my coworkers it's an inspiring and informative conference.
- A great opportunity to refocus, re-energize, gain super useful knowledge and connect with fellow career professionals!
- It's the biggest and best gathering of career development professionals in Alberta, and you will definitely learn something every time.
- Come for credible educators, professional competencies, and career development pathways.
- This is an excellent and cost effective way for Career Practitioners to get 2 days of PD with relevant and current information.
- I think the ACDC is a great way to stay in the loop with changes that are happening with CD. Equally important is learning that challenges you are facing in your region are happening across the province. It's a good way to brainstorm solutions.
If you are looking for an opportunity for professional development and networking, than look no further than the CDAA!