Important Update regarding ACDC 2020
On March 13, 2020 the CDAA issued a statement re COVID-19. At that time we were not planning to cancel ACDC 2020, scheduled for May 5/6, however we were working closely with our host venue and event management software provider to explore options for alternate delivery or postponement, if necessary.
As the situation evolved over the weekend it became clear that ACDC 2020 would not be proceeding in May the way we had anticipated. After carefully exploring a number of options the decision to postpone ACDC 2020 was made. We know this is an important “in person” event for you. While hosting a virtual conference was an option that was explored we opted for postponement so that you could still experience the magic of ACDC - your provincial conference of choice.
We know that this is disappointing news. Had we not made the decision we did, the province wide state of emergency declared on March 17, 2020 would have made it for us.
Our host venue, Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, had proactively re-booked us for October 27/28, 2020 in anticipation of this inevitably. These will be the new conference dates for ACDC 2020.
What you need to know:
- Registration for ACDC will remain open and a significant extension to the earlybird deadline will be made.
- You don’t need to do anything with your existing registration unless you want to - you can keep your registration as it is or cancel it. If you choose to cancel please contact Paula Wischoff Yerama at email@example.com.
- An update regarding your room reservations at Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre will be provided as soon as available.
- Information on the CDAA website and the event registration site will be updated as soon as possible and we will be working with our keynotes, presenters, and exhibitors regarding the event date change.
- We are looking at ways to take advantage of our event management software to engage you between now and the conference. Stay tuned for developments in the coming weeks and months!
This is a challenging time for everyone. We know that your lives and the lives of the people you support have been significantly impacted. We are in this together and we will get through this together. The career development community is strong and resilient and we have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to deal with adversity and uncertainty.
Please take good care of yourself. Your health, safety, and well-being is our primary concern. Please consult https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx for up to date information and resources for you, your family, your workplace, and the people you support.
We will continue to provide updates as they are available.
Current. Connected. Committed.
Yours in career development,
The CDAA Executive