Join the CDAA
To join the more than 300 Alberta and North of 60 career development professionals who stay connected through their professional association, please complete the online membership form. A manual form can also be completed and emailed/mailed with payment.
We work in the following areas:
Human Resources Departments
Junior and Senior High Schools
Municipal, provincial and Federal Government
Newcomer settlement and immigration agencies
Profit and non-for-profit organizations
CDAA 20th Anniversary Membership Promotion
Not sure what membership to choose?
Group Membership Option
Career Development Professionals can participate in a group membership option and receive membership discounts of up to 15%.
- Groups of 5 to 9 members will receive a membership discount of 10%.
- Groups of 10 or more will receive a membership discount of 15%
- Group Members can be new or renewing members and do not have to be members of the same organization.
Group 5-9 Administration Form Group 5-9 Membership Form
Group 10+ Administration Form Group 10+ Membership Form
Kick your networking into high gear and round up your colleagues to take advantage of this fabulous member benefit!
*NEW* Organizational Membership Option
Career Development organizations can now participate in an organizational membership option.
The Organizational Membership category is a way for organizations to keep current with what is happening in the field and the association, to save money on CDAA professional development / conference registration fees for their staff, and to promote their organization.
Organizational Membership Form Organization Member ERS Benefits Group Vs. Organizational Membership
Student's participating in a variety of full or part-time post-secondary programs related to the field are welcome to join the association.
Get connected and get active with professionals practicing career development in a variety of occupations. Build your network with committed individuals and be on the cutting edge of what is happening in Alberta and globally regarding career development.
CDAA Member Benefits
- Membership in a professional association. Establish yourself as a member and show employers, clients, and colleagues that you are committed to and current within your profession.
- Geographically diverse Chapters. Participate in professional development and learning, networking, resource and information sharing, and volunteerism at the local level throughout Alberta and the Northwest Territories.
- Certified Career Development Professional (CCDP) designation. Demonstrate specific competencies and credentials in the field and commit to ongoing learning and professional development.
- Professional Development opportunities. Attend locally and provincially offered events. Receive discounted rates on all CDAA events.
- Career Momentum newsletter. Contribute to and learn within the field of Career Development as well as receive updated information on Association activities and events.
- “Members Only” website access. Connect with colleagues from across the province to share information and resources and to keep current with what is happening in the field.
- Advocacy. Representing members and the field of career development provincially, nationally, and internationally on boards and committees.
- Leadership opportunities. Involve yourself in your profession by participating on local, provincial, national, and international boards and committees.
- Share/expand your skills and expertise. Help out with local and provincial events and special projects.
- Discounts and Special Offers. Take advantage of various special offers such as discounted rates on insurance; professional, business and academic subscriptions; etc.
The CDAA requires members to follow professional conduct guidelines including adherence to a Code of Ethics.
Every member is expected to access their online profile and update it as necessary.